The Dean's List recognizes outstanding academic achievement. The Dean’s List is compiled annually at the end of Winter term. A statement of inclusion on the Dean's List is recorded on students’ transcripts.
To qualify for the Dean's List, students must complete a sufficient number of courses at the University of Calgary during the preceding academic review period and achieve a GPA of 3.60 or above over all University of Calgary courses taken during that period. The course load requirements are as follows:
(a) A minimum of 24 units taken at the University of Calgary, OR
(b) A minimum of 12 units taken at the University of Calgary plus completion of two four-month Co-operative Education work placements, OR
(c) A minimum of 12 units taken at the University of Calgary plus completion of one approved full-time term abroad, OR
(d) A program of study assessed by Student Accessibility Services to be equivalent to full-time studies for a particular student.
- The GPA is calculated to two decimal places and will not be rounded up.
- Where it is appropriate to be assessed under provisions (c) or (d), students must arrange for all necessary documentation to be received by the Associate Dean no later than May 15.
- Courses for which a student has taken the flexible grading option (Credit Granted/CG) will be included in the minimum units to be considered for the Dean’s List but will not be included in the GPA calculation.
- Only University of Calgary grades are used in the calculation of GPA for the Dean’s List.
- Students on disciplinary sanctions as outlined in section K. Integrity and Conduct are not eligible for the Dean’s List.
Students with deferred examinations and/or term work for Winter Term courses must notify the Associate Dean when their grade(s) are recorded to be considered for the Dean’s List.