The following requirements apply to all Bachelor of Arts Honours, Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours and Bachelor of Science Honours Degrees with a Major Field:
1. Overall Program: Successful completion of an approved program consisting of 120 units (20.0 full-courses equivalents).
2. Program Focus: Successful completion of the “Major Field with Honours Requirements” and any associated “Other Requirements” for the relevant degree.
3. Academic Achievement:
(a) Over the final 90 units (15.0 full-course equivalents), a minimum GPA of 3.30 must be achieved on all courses and on all courses in the Major Field.
(b) A maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) "D" or "D+" grade in the Major Field and a maximum of 18 units (3.0 full-course equivalent) "D" or "D+" grades overall.
4. University of Calgary Study:
(a) A maximum of 60 units (10.0 full-course equivalents) in eligible post-secondary transfer credits from other institutions may be counted toward the degree.
(b) A maximum of 24 units (4.0 full-course equivalents) in eligible post-secondary transfer credits from other institutions may be counted toward the Major Field.
5. Depth: A maximum of 48 units (8.0 full-course equivalents) at the junior or 200 level.
6. Breadth: All students, except those in the BMus or BFA Degree, must take a minimum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) from the Faculty of Science.
7. Physical Activity Courses: A maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) may be taken from: Dance Education Activity/Theory, Outdoor Pursuits Activity/Theory, and Physical Education Activity/Theory.
Note: For each degree program, the “Major-Field with Honours Requirements” and any associated “Other Requirements” are defined under 4. Program Details. For each BA, BFA or BSc Honours degree at least 54 units (9.0 and not more than 10.0 full-course equivalents) in the Major Field are normally required. Students can choose to include additional courses in the Major Field to a maximum of 72 units (12.0 full-course equivalents). The Major Fields in BFA Honours and BMus Honours degrees typically require considerably more courses. The completion of some programs requires additional supporting courses from outside the Major Field.