The following requirements and regulations apply to all Honours degrees offered by the Faculty of Arts:
1. Completion of 120 units, including completion of the “Major Field with Honours Requirements” and “Other Requirements” for the relevant degree as defined under 4. Program Details.
2. Completion of a minimum of 54 units in the major field. Normally a maximum of 72 units in the major field is allowed.
3. Academic Achievement:
(a) a minimum GPA of 3.30 over the final 90 units,
(b) a minimum GPA of 3.30 over all courses in the major field in the final 90 units,
(c) no more than 18 units with a grade of "D" or "D+" including no more than 6 units with a grade of "D" or "D+" in the major field.
4. Transfer Credit Limit: At least 60 units must be completed through the University of Calgary. No more than 60 units of transfer credits may be counted toward the degree, including no more than 24 units in the major field.
5. Junior Course Limit: No more than 48 units at the 200 level.
6. Science Requirement: A minimum of 6 units from the Faculty of Science. (This requirement does not apply to the BFA Honours degree.)
7. Physical Activity Courses: No more than 6 units may be taken from: Dance Education Activity/Theory, Outdoor Pursuits Activity/Theory, and Physical Education Activity/Theory.