The following requirements and regulations apply to all degrees in the Faculty of Arts (with the exceptions noted below).
1. Completion of 120 units, including completion of the “Major Field Requirements” and “Other Requirements” for the relevant degree as specified under 4. Program Details.
2. Completion of a minimum of 42 to a maximum of 60 units in the major field, as specified under 4. Program Details. An exception to the maximum of 60 units is allowable in the BFA and BMus programs.
3. Academic Achievement:
(a) A minimum GPA of 2.00 over all courses in the major field and over all courses in the program.
(b) No more than 18 units with a grade of "D" or "D+" including no more than 6 units with a grade of "D" or "D+" in the major field.
4. Transfer Credit Limit: At least 60 units must be completed through the University of Calgary. No more than 60 units of transfer credit may be counted toward the degree, including no more than 24 units in the major field (with the exception of the Bachelor of Music and the Bachelor of Fine Arts).
5. Junior Course Limit: No more than 48 units at the 200 level (with the exception of the Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies and the Bachelor of Film Studies, which allow 54 units at the 200 level).
6. Science Requirement: A minimum of 6 units from the Faculty of Science. (This requirement does not apply to the Bachelor of Music and the Bachelor of Fine Arts.)
7. Physical Activity Courses: No more than 6 units may be used from: Dance Education Activity/Theory, Outdoor Pursuits Activity/Theory, and Physical Education Activity/Theory.