Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Academic Schedule
Types of Credentials and Sub-Degree Nomenclature
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student and Campus Services
Academic Regulations
Co-operative Education/Internship
Tuition and General Fees
Awards and Financial Assistance
International Foundations Program
School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape
Faculty of Arts
1. Summary of Degree Programs
2. Information for Undergraduate Students
3. Faculty Regulations
3.1 Admission
3.2 Registration and Courses
3.2.1 Accuracy of Registration
3.2.2 Registration Planning and Consultation
3.2.3 Course Load
3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution
3.2.5 Credit in Courses by Special Assessment
3.2.6 Course Classification
3.2.7 First-Year Registration
3.2.8 Prerequisites, Corequisites and Progression
3.2.9 Writing Competence
3.2.10 Course Enrolment Limitations
3.2.11 Cross-Listed Courses
3.2.12 Withdrawal from Courses
3.2.13 Repetition of Courses
3.2.14 Unauthorized Concentrations
3.2.15 Declaration of a Major
3.2.16 Duration of Study
3.3 Student Standing and Academic Review
3.4 Graduation
4. Program Details
5. Administration
Cumming School of Medicine
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Embedded Certificates
Continuing Education
About the University of Calgary
Who's Who
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
University of Calgary Calendar 2019-2020 Faculty of Arts 3. Faculty Regulations 3.2 Registration and Courses 3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution
3.2.4 Opportunities to Take Courses at Another Institution

Students may be authorized to take some course work at another university if registration as a visiting student is acceptable to that university. Students with poor academic performance, including those on probation or having a large number of withdrawals, will not be afforded this opportunity.

Students may apply online for such authorization by requesting a Letter of Permission through their online Student Centre. Students should check with program advisors in the Arts Students' Centre to ensure that such transfer credits advance their particular programs. Once approved students will be advised officially as to how the proposed courses will transfer and an appropriate letter will be sent to the Registrar of the other university. The Letter of Permission must be obtained before the student registers for the courses at the other institution.

It will be the responsibility of the student to ensure that an official transcript of grades is forwarded directly to the Registrar of this university in order that appropriate credit may be officially recorded.

Many grade point average calculations used by the Faculty of Arts do not include transfer courses.