The University of Calgary seeks first and foremost to attract excellent academic students. However, the University also recognizes that those who have achieved excellence outside academics or who have overcome significant hardships can make positive contributions to the University community. Recognizing that excellence means more than academic excellence, the University of Calgary may admit up to one per cent of new undergraduate students annually under this category.
To be eligible to apply under the Diverse Qualifications Admission Process, students must demonstrate:
- Excellence in non-academic areas
- High potential in academic/research activities
- Perseverance under great difficulty or hardship
In addition, students must:
- Meet the minimum admission requirements as specified in section A.2 of the Calendar
- Meet the University’s English Language Proficiency requirement
- Be either a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Indicate their desire to be considered under this category on the Application for Admission
- Provide contact information for two references
- Complete a personal profile outlining circumstances, personal achievements and educational goals
- Provide official transcripts from all high school and post-secondary institutions attended
For further information about the Diverse Qualifications Admission Process and application deadlines, visit: ucalgary.ca/future-students/undergraduate/diverse-qualifications.