The Visiting Student Researcher status is available to graduate and undergraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time degree program at an accredited or recognized post-secondary institution. Visiting student researchers are full-time students who attend the University of Calgary to participate in a specific research project that aligns with their studies at their home institution. To apply as a visiting student researcher students must:
- Submit a completed the Visiting Student Application form available at ucalgary.ca/future-students/open-studies/visiting and pay the non-refundable application fee (see A.4.2).
- Provide the name of the University of Calgary supervisor and their department name*.
- Provide the name and approval of the University of Calgary supervisor’s chair/head of department*.
- Indicate start and end dates on campus.
- Provide details of any financial arrangements (e.g., stipend, travel costs, research expenses, etc.).
*Not applicable if part of a formal exchange agreement. With formal exchange agreements, the agreement needs to be referenced on the application form.