- Auditing privileges are extended to students who have been admitted as a Degree, Visiting or Open Studies student. Auditing students participate in classroom activities however may not be able to complete lab or tutorial components of a course. Students do not complete any exam or course assignments nor receive a grade for the course(s) they are auditing. Students may be limited to the courses they can audit due to enrolment pressures.
- (a) The audit fees are outlined in the Tuition and General Fees section of this Calendar.
(b) All auditing fees are non-refundable.
- ACADEMIC STAFF, POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWS and VISITING SCHOLARS (not to be interpreted as visiting students) are eligible to audit without payment of fees, are not required to seek admission to the University, but must obtain written permission from the instructor of the course on a "Permission to Audit" form obtained from Enrolment Services. Such audits will not be recorded on an official transcript. Academic staff and visiting scholars who wish to have an audit course recorded on an official transcript must pay the regular audit course fees.
- A course in which the student is registered and attends as an auditor, will be entered on the student's record. It will not count towards any degree or diploma program, nor will the student in an undergraduate faculty be permitted to change registration in that course from audit to credit or credit to audit status after the change deadline at the beginning of the term in which the course begins.
- The auditing students shall, before admission to the class concerned, obtain written permission on a "Permission to Audit" form from: first, the Dean (or designate) of the faculty offering the course in which they would like to register in; and second, the instructor teaching the course. (Permission obtained from a dean (or designate) shall not bind the instructor to accept a student as an auditor in the class.
- Applicants may audit a course which was previously successfully completed and may take for credit a course which was previously audited. Approval will be required as stated above.
- Any student seeking to audit courses must meet all admission, registration and fee deadlines applying to regular students.