July 9, 2020
Process for university events on- and off-campus as of July 1
University events on- and off-campus are permitted to go ahead as of July 1, 2020, under a risk assessment process in place to protect the health and safety of our community. Events can go ahead if they align with Alberta Health Services regulations, are entered into the university’s new Event Risk Assessment Tool, and they receive approval from Risk Management and Insurance. Read more details about the new process. Here are the highlights:
- To reduce the population on campus at any given time, the number of events will be limited and there may be restrictions to specific areas of campus. Priority will be given to events focused on research and learning.
- As government regulations may change during escalations or de-escalations of COVID-19, all organizers of in-person university events that have in excess of 15 people (outside of classes and regular business meetings) will need to complete the Event Risk Assessment Tool.
- Risk Management will be responsible to review and approve events. If approved, they will advise event organizers and inform of all requirements to ensure the event can take place safely and in compliance with current provincial regulations.
- All event organizers will also be required to comply with the new COVID-19 Event Requirements as well as the regular Event Guidelines for any on- or off-campus university events anticipated between July 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021. These requirements are updated as government regulations change.
- Event organizers need to take into account the possibility of limited food services and options available, due to the need to comply with regulations on food provision current at the time of the event.
- Units are advised not to sign any contracts that would bind the university to be required to have any event where costs would be non-refundable.
UCalgary resources on COVID-19
For the most up-to-date information about the University of Calgary's response to the spread of COVID-19, visit the UCalgary COVID-19 Response website.