May 29, 2020
Decisions on university-related international travel
In order to protect the safety and well-being of UCalgary students, faculty, staff, and postdocs, the university is continuing to take precautionary measures around international travel. Please note the following decisions:
Travel-outbound: All university-related international travel (students, faculty, staff, postdocs) is not permitted until at least Sept. 1, 2020. This decision will be revisited on Aug. 15, 2020.
- Outbound out-of-country undergraduate student travel is not permitted until at least Dec. 31, 2020. A decision about travel during winter term 2021 and onwards travel will be made by Nov. 15, 2020.
- Graduate student out-of-country travel after Sept. 1, 2020 will be considered on a case-by-case basis through the risk management travel process.
Travel-inbound: Incoming international students 18 years of age or over, including visiting students and Continuing Education students, are permitted to arrive in compliance with Alberta Health Services requirements starting July 1, 2020.
- Consideration should be given to the length of the time of the experience. Incoming travelers are responsible to arrange for their own self-isolation off campus as it cannot be guaranteed or supported by Residence Services. Residence Services will work with international students to find alternate accommodations for self-isolation.
- Incoming international students under the age of 18 will not be accepted until Dec. 31, 2020.
- All incoming travelers will be provided with materials/documentation/online training regarding adherence to Alberta Health Services regulations and UCalgary protocols with respect to physical distancing, etc. This will be made accessible and available in language appropriate for English-learners.
UCalgary resources on COVID-19
For the most up-to-date information about the University of Calgary's response to the spread of COVID-19, visit the UCalgary COVID-19 Response website.