Sept. 4, 2020
Active Living and Outdoor Centre begin gradual reopening Sept. 14
All Fitness Centre time slots and programming must be booked in advance, updated safety guidelines in place
The time has come to get back into the swing of things and press play on those personal fitness goals, and start rebuilding healthy habits. As of Sept. 14, Active Living and Outdoor Centre facilities and programming will open with updated safety guidelines. This includes lessons, certifications, recreation, and rentals.
“After the successful summer camps experience and now with the opening of our programs and Outdoor Centre’s rentals, we’re very excited and cautiously optimistic to move into the next phase this fall and reopen the Fitness Centre for our on-campus students (who were assessed to pay the campus rec fee),” says Albert Iamartino, Active Living director.
The Fitness Centre will welcome back all students who have on-campus classes and have been assessed to pay the campus recreation fee. We look forward to extending our Fitness Centre access to all other students, staff and faculty, and the Calgary community further into the relaunch. Continue to check the Fitness Centre page for updates. Please note that all Fitness Centre time slots and programming must be booked in advance; there will be no drop-in admission.
“We look forward to opening the Fitness Centre and some of our most popular programs for everyone, and support not just physical, but social and mental well-being especially during this time,” adds Iamartino.
Programs now open for registration
- Personal training – Group and Personal training.
- Racquet Centre programs – Youth and adult squash classes.
- Cochrane gymnastics programs – Children’s preschool, recreational and developmental gymnastics in Cochrane.
- Minds in Motion – In-person and online kids STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) workshops and clubs and teachers' professional development.
- Outdoor Centre – Limited outdoor programs and rentals are now available.
- Bowness Park – Rentals are available at the boathouse.
- UCalgary gymnastics programs – Children’s preschool, recreational and developmental gymnastics programs at UCalgary.
- Group fitness programs – Yoga, Keep Moving, Fitness Forty Five, Step and Strength, and Zumba fitness classes.
- Skating and hockey programs – Skating for youth and adult.
Future Registration Dates to come
- Intramurals and recreational sports programs – Registration will open this fall. Stay tuned for details.
- TrymGym program – We are reaching out to current participants to begin training. New enrolment will begin later in the fall with dates to be determined.
- Aquatic Centre programs – We are only booking swim clubs and organizations now, but we are planning to re-open swimming classes in the coming weeks.
- Climbing wall programs – We are opening rock climbing and technical rescue programs this fall, and plan to begin climbing classes in the coming weeks.