Oct. 22, 2020
7 places you should wear a mask on campus
Back to School was definitely a different experience this year. Most UCalgary classes are online, but many of you are still on campus attending smaller classes, labs and even using or booking study spaces.
In an effort to keep our community safe and healthy, we have handed out reusable masks to those who need to be on campus this semester including students, faculty, staff and instructors.
Did you know you’re required to wear a mask in all these spots on campus?
- Study spaces – Studying in the TFDL? Please wear your mask even while seated at a workstation. Impromptu study group in the hallway? Please keep two metres apart, whether standing or seated, and wear your masks.
- Student lounges – We know you missed your friends. Please make sure to physically distance when using these spaces, and let your friends hear your laughter when they can’t see your smile through your mask.
- Mac Hall – you can take your mask off only when eating or drinking. Please make sure to sit one person per table.
- In the classroom and lab, students can remove masks while seated, if you are physically distanced once you are seated and as long as you maintain a two-metre distance from others.
- Before entering a building on campus, please pause and make sure you are wearing a face covering even if you are entering the building for just a few minutes.
- Common spaces in all residence buildings including elevators, lobbies, hallways and laundry rooms.
- Want to work up a sweat in the fitness centre? Keep your mask on in the Kinesiology Complex until you enter the centre.
While eating or drinking in study spaces, student lounges and Mac Hall, you can remove your mask.