A digital hub to centralize resources, templates and funding sources for women entrepreneurs and changemakers. WELab Hub also offers a digital chat portal for participants to connect with like-minded innovators and mentors.
- Top business tips from female founders - Financial Times
Startup Toolkit Videos
- Personal branding: How to build your personal brand in 2019, YouTube
- Sales and marketing: Futurpreneur sales and marketing video tutorial, YouTube
- Online marketing webinar: How to leverage the marketing power of the Internet, BDC
- E-commerce webinar: How to succeed with e-commerce, BDC
Business designation: Sole Proprietor, Partnership or Corporation? Business in Canada, YouTube
Social enterprises: How to build a social enterprise, Lauren Bush Lauren, CEO of FEED, YouTube
Social enterprises webinar: Starting a social entrepreneurship venture, Harvard Innovation Lab
I Belong Here and I Deserve to Succeed: Supporting Women Entrepreneurs of Colour, Canadian Women Foundation, 2018
- Alberta Small Business Funding Resources - explore several different options that could be available to help fund your business venture, including financial services, loans, grants and credits.
- Connectica - Alberta's portal for connecting innovators to funding, facilities, and services.
- Futurepreneur - offers financing and expertise to get your start-up off the ground for entrepreneurs from 18-39.
- Innovation Canada - find funding programs and services that could help grow your idea into reality.
- Start Alberta - a directory of resources to support Alberta's start-up organizations.
- Strategic Timelines Innovation Funding Guideline - provincial and national overview of innovation funding sources for technology-driven companies.
- Opstart: a guide to business grants for female entrepreneurs in Canada
- More funding resources can be found here.
Pitch Deck Examples
Pitch Deck Presentation Templates
Dr. Gina Cherkowski
Founder of STEM Learning Lab and Chief Innovation Officer and Co-Founder of EdgeMakers
Gina is an award-winning innovative disruptor, social entrepreneur, community builder and founder in STEAM.
Gina can advise in: leadership, social innovation, entrepreneurship, speaking and strategic planning.
Rena C. Tabata
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder of Think Tank Innovations Ltd.
Rena is the founder and CEO of Think Tank. She led UBC Medicine’s initiatives to advance health ethics and integrate the Royal College’s Physician & Surgeon competency areas, such as information management, into the medical curriculum. For the past 6 yrs, she’s led strategy and teams for a Fortune500 on global energy projects valued at $2.4Bil USD.
Rena can advise in: executive leadership, health innovation, entrepreneurship, international business development and project management.
Founder and CEO of Ammolite Analytx
Cara is the Founder and CEO of Ammolite Analytx, a boutique incubator and advisory firm specializing in business ventures related to technology innovations, machine learning and cyber security for global companies, government and private sector clients.
Cara can advise in: technology innovation, scaling business, cyber-security, raising capital and entrepreneurship.
Founder of Eff Academy
Entrepreneur in Residence for Platform Calgary
Jennifer is the founder of Eff Academy, a forum where entrepreneurs can find commonalities and connect on the challenges they've shared in starting, running, scaling, and sometimes shuttering, their businesses. She also advises tech startups as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Platform Calgary and consults with companies on brand and marketing.
Jennifer can advise in: executive leadership, tech entrepreneurship, consulting and raising capital.
Co-founder and COO of Neuraura and 4pi Lab
Claire is a Co-founder and COO for two deep tech startups, Neuraura and 4pi Lab, with responsibility for commercial, financial and administrative aspects.
Claire can advise in: health innovation, leadership, operations management, strategic consulting and financial modelling.
Vice-Chair of Platform Calgary, Principal, Make It So Inc. and Executive in Residence of Zone Startups Calgary
Heather is a professional engineer and proud alumna of the Haskayne School of Business. She is known for her ability to pinpoint the essential elements of an idea, business, challenge or person and use her leadership, innovation, and management skills to identify opportunities for excellence.
Heather can advise in: executive leadership, entrepreneurship in engineering, coaching, board governance and raising capital.
Dr. Christy Lane
Founder of Vivametrica
Christy is an award-winning exercise scientist and health-tech entrepreneur with expertise in big data, wearable devices, and precision medicine. Currently, she is the Chair of Health and Physical Education at Mount Royal University, founder of Vivametrica and a founding member of the Stanford Wearable Health Lab.
Christy can advise in: wearable technology, big-data, health innovation and entrepreneurship, international business development, public speaking and executive leadership.