Cannon Lachapelle Award in Entrepreneurial Thinking
This award recognizes an undergraduate student who embodies entrepreneurial thinking.
Dates: The deadline for the Cannon Lachapelle Award in Entrepreneurial Thinking is May 20, 2020
Open to: Open to all undergraduate students across all faculties at the University of Calgary
Program details: This award is for undergraduate students who embody entrepreneurial thinking. The successful applicant will demonstrate creativity and innovation in new ways of doing, helping, thinking and supporting the University of Calgary campus community or society beyond.
Applicants will provide an insightful essay (maximum of 1000 words) to answer the below five questions. In the essay, you will use the experience that you were involved in to identify the proposed challenge.
The experience could be a project, volunteering with community organizations or working with a start-up. It could also be in the fields of digital innovation, social innovation, arts, music, culture or academic.
The award recipients will receive $10,000 to support their entrepreneurial and academic efforts.
There are TWO awards available for the 2020-2021 school year.
Academic merit: Minimum 2.60 GPA
Submission: Please submit your application firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the 2020 Cannon Lachapelle Award in Entrepreneurial Thinking close on May 20, 2020.
Please answer these questions in your essay of no more than 1000 words.
1. Describe what challenge you will want to understand and solve during the academic year of 2020-2021? Please explain the potential impact of solving the problem of your choice.
2. Please share with us the method and extent to which you wish to advance your work on the challenge of your choice during the academic year of 2020-2021. For example, do you wish to advance your work on the problem through a research project, be part of a tech start-up, a social enterprise, a community organization or by collaborating with a government entity?
3. What partnerships will you pursue and why?
4. What does entrepreneurial thinking mean to you?
5. a) How will you apply entrepreneurial thinking skills to advance your project?
b) How will you apply entrepreneurial thinking to all of the above points?