Through the lens of entrepreneurial thinking, take a deep dive into a topic that interests you while engaging with multiple ventures within the community
About Student-in-Residence Placements
As part of Experience Ventures, the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking is hosting two student-in-residence placements this fall.
The student-in-residence placement is a unique experience that will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a faculty member and local ventures to explore a specific theme. Our goal is to inspire your creativity, resiliency and future vision – so you can seize your future with the right skill set.
Through an 80-hour placement, under the guidance of Dr. Alice de Koning, you will have the opportunity to work with 3-5 ventures in the community. The goal will be to meet with leaders of the ventures, learn more about the challenges and successes they face, and help create videos or articles highlighting their stories.
There is currently one opportunity open in each of the following themes:
How to Apply
Applications have now closed.
Entrepreneurial thinking is being creative in finding innovative solutions. It’s about taking initiative and exchanging knowledge across disciplines. It is essential to enriching lives and advancing society.
Experience Ventures, powered by the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking at the University of Calgary, enables college and university students to make an impact alongside real-world innovators through entrepreneurial thinking placements.
Become a change-maker
Experience Ventures creates paid entrepreneurial thinking placements for college and university students with innovative companies in Canada. Our goal is to inspire your creativity, resiliency and future vision – so you can seize your future with the right skill set.
To learn more, visit experienceventures.ca.
Any student from any discipline and faculty registered at the University of Calgary who is:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Enrolled in any full- or part-time program of post-secondary study.
- Apply through the link at the top of this page.
- After acceptance, the student completes an onboarding process before participating in the entrepreneurial thinking opportunity.
- The student meets with Dr. Alice de Koning to set up a schedule and timelines for deliverables.
- After completing the opportunity, the student completes an evaluation.
- Each student will be paid $825 for their time.
As a student, an Experience Ventures placement will enable you to:
- Flexibility to create a work schedule to that works for you and your life.
- Apply in-class learning to the challenges and opportunities facing ventures.
- Explore Canada’s evolving innovation economy.
- Network and meet industry leaders and employers.
- Discover the latest technologies being incubated in Canada.
- Enhance your resume with a unique experience.
- Develop your work-ready skills.
- Receive compensation for your placement.
- Gain deeper knowledge of a sector that interests you.
Fill out the application form at the top of this page.
As part of the application you will be required to respond to the following two questions:
- Explain why you are interested in being a student-in-residence at the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking. What do you hope to gain through this experience?
- Explain why this theme interests you.
Each response should be no longer than 200 words.
You will also need to attach your resume in PDF form to the application. Please title your PDF document as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_StudentinResidence.pdf
Application Deadline: September 12, 2021 – 11:59pm MST