- Absences as a result of injury or illness — work related or not — must be reported to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensure all sick time for the duration of an absence is coded (SIC) in PeopleSoft.
- Work-related injuries must be reported to the Workers’ Compensation Board and Staff Wellness.
Connect With Your Doctor
- Connect with your doctor and seek treatment
- Request that your doctor complete all applicable documentation. Your doctor may forward the documentation directly to Staff Wellness or provide it to you to submit on your own behalf.
Submit Medical Documentation
- Medical documentation should be submitted within ten days of the initial absence, otherwise your pay may be affected — you will be notified if that is the case (extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration).
- Further medical information may be required throughout your absence.
- Reimbursement forms and instructions are available.
- Notify Staff Wellness if you plan on travelling while on sick leave.
- If you are unable to take pre-approved vacation due to illness or injury, it’s up to you to cancel and reschedule.
- It’s your responsibility to check your sick leave balance my.ucalgary.ca
- Contact your Ability Advisor with any questions
Sick Leave at a Glance
Staff member follows departmental sick call-in procedure.
If yes, notify Staff Wellness. If not, absence >5 days, Manager contacts Staff Wellness.
Staff Wellness Advised
Staff Wellness to provide medical forms to staff member.
Staff Wellness Manages Case
Staff Wellness will request and assess medical information, as required.
Return to Work
If you are not returning to work, a Long Term Disability application is initiated.