2022 Korea-Canada Symposium and International Workshop on Multiplex Brain Networks
Welcome to the 2022 (postponed from 2020) Korea-Canada Cooperative Development Symposium and International Workshop on Multiplex Brain Networks (April 21-24, 2022, Calgary & Banff, CANADA)!
The International Symposium will be held April 21, 2022, at the main campus of the University of Calgary (Legacy Suite, Dinning Center), Calgary, CANADA. The Banff International Research Station will host the "Multiplex Brain Networks" workshop in Banff from April 22, 2022, to April 24, 2022.
This workshop aims to bring together diverse groups of world-leading experts in complexity sciences/statistical physics and neuroscience in order to bridge the gap and increase communication between them. The goal of the workshop is to review the state-of-the-art and especially initiate new cross-disciplinary collaborative efforts with a particular focus on joint projects between Korean and Canadian partners.
For additional information on logistics, please contact Dr. Seung-Woo Son (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that an indoor mask mandate is in place at all on-campus University of Calgary events until the end of April.
* Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Yong-Yeol Ahn (Indiana University Bloomington, USA)
- Nils Forkert (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Kwang-Il Goh (Korea University, Korea)
- Claudia Gomes da Rocha (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Jesus Gomez-Gardeñes (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Joaquin Goñi (Purdue University, USA)
- Aaron Gruber (University of Lethbridge, Canada)
- Meesoon Ha (Chosun University, Korea)
- Byungnam Kahng (KENTECH, Korea)
- Beom Jun Kim (Sungkyunkwan University, Korea)
- Heetae Kim (KENTECH, Korea)
- Deok-Sun Lee (Korea Institute for Advanced Study, Korea)
- Mi Jin Lee (Hanyang University, Korea)
- Klaus Lehnertz (University of Bonn, Germany)
- Inmaculada Leyva (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain)
- Naoki Masuda (University at Buffalo, USA)
- Bratislav Misic (McGill University, Canada)
- Majid Mohajerani (University of Lethbridge, Canada)
- Wilten Nicola (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Hyemyung Seo (Hanyang University, Korea)
- Emma Towlson (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Michal Zochowski (University of Michigan, USA)
- Jörn Davidsen (University of Calgary, Canada)
- Seung-Woo Son (Hanyang University, Korea)
- Javier G. Orlandi (RIKEN, Japan)
* Participants - here
* Program for International Symposium - here
* External BIRS Workshop Website - www.birs.ca/events/2022/2-day-workshops/22w2249
- National Research Foundation of Korea
- Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary
- Banff International Research Station