With the end of the provincial Restriction Exemption Program (REP) and municipal REP bylaw, you will not need to provide proof of vaccination. You will be required to wear masks in our indoor spaces until the end of the Winter Term or the conclusion of the City of Calgary mask bylaw – whichever date is later. The University of Calgary wholeheartedly embraces the value of vaccination in keeping you, your loved ones and our broader community safe.
Quarantine information for those traveling from an international location for those living in residence:
- Incoming international students who are arriving from outside of Canada and are 18 years or older that are required to quarantine, will be required to quarantine off campus for 14 days.
- Incoming international students who are arriving from outside of Canada and are under the age of 18, are able to quarantine in residence. They can book their residence quarantine here.
- Find out if you are able to enter Canada, here.
- IRCC - Study Permit: COVID-19 program delivery - contains policy, procedures and guidance for study permits during COVID.
- IRCC - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, temporary workers and students - Information on how COVID is affecting temporary residence applications for Canada.
- Alberta: Covid-19 Vaccine Program - Learn more about the COVID vaccine program in Alberta
To promote a healthy and safe learning, working, and living environment, non-medical face masks must be worn in all public indoor areas UCalgary until the end of Winter term, April 29.
For more information please visit the COVIDSafe website.
Masks are not necessary to be worn on campus under the following circumstances:
- Working alone in private offices
- Working outdoors and there is a minimum of 2 metres between people
- Meeting indoors and there is a minimum of 2 metres between people
- Working alone in a shared space
- Working in a cubicle with plexiglass, wall, or other approved barrier between people and when not providing services to anyone
- In a classroom where there is a minimum of 2 metres between instructor or among students