Quarantine units available if traveling from an international location for those living in residence:
- Incoming international students who have an active residence booking and are arriving from outside of Canada are able to quarantine in Residence for the Fall term starting July 30. more info.
Residence Services will not be offering self-isolation for non-residents.
If you plan to travel to Canada for the fall 2021 term, make sure you understand the quarantine requirements you will need to follow and review the Travel Canada website requirements for all travellers coming to Canada.
- IRCC - Easing of restrictions for International students and travel to Canada – Effective August 9, travellers entering Canada will no longer need to complete the 3-day hotel quarantine.
- IRCC - Government of Canada's first phase to easing border measures for travellers entering Canada - Effective July 6, 2021, fully vaccinated travellers who are able to enter Canada will not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8
- IRCC - Study Permit: COVID-19 program delivery - contains policy, procedures and guidance for study permits during COVID.
- IRCC - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, temporary workers and students - Information on how COVID is affecting temporary residence applications for Canada.
- IRCC - Flights suspended for India - Details on flights suspended from India
- Alberta: Covid-19 Vaccine Program - Learn more about the COVID vaccine program in Alberta
Residents that are exempt from quarantine are still required to apply for quarantine with residence. All international students must prove they have a quarantine plan at the boarder if needed. Residents that do not need to quarantine will be able to move into residence and will not be charge for their early arrival.
Masks are no longer mandatory in all of our buildings, aligning to the latest provincial public health restrictions and easing of the City of Calgary’s mask bylaw. However, please remember that masks are still required in all UCalgary vehicles with more than one person in the vehicle. University faculty, staff and students are also still expected to wear masks when attending medical clinic environments. For more information on UCalgary lifting mandatory mask requirements, please visit this mask FAQ page.
For the Fall 2021 term all residence buildings will be in use and all bedrooms in all units will be used.
Kananaskis and Rundle Halls, will be at 75% occupancy compared to previous years.