April 12, 2022
Q. Am I required to be fully vaccinated to be on campus?
- With the end of the provincial REP program and municipal REP bylaw, you will not need to provide proof of vaccination. You will be required to wear masks in our indoor spaces until the end of the Winter Term or the conclusion of the City of Calgary mask bylaw – whichever date is later. The University of Calgary wholeheartedly embraces the value of vaccination in keeping you, your loved ones and our broader community safe.
Q. I am a fully vaccinated international student who will be arriving in the fall. Am I exempt from the 14-day quarantine?
- IRCC - Study Permit: COVID-19 program delivery - contains policy, procedures and guidance for study permits during COVID.
- IRCC - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, temporary workers and students - Information on how COVID is affecting temporary residence applications for Canada.
- Alberta: Covid-19 Vaccine Program - Learn more about the COVID vaccine program in Alberta
Q. Will Residence Services provide me a quarantine unit if I travel from an international location?
- Residence Services will only be providing quarantine to incoming international students who are under the age of 18 and have an active residence booking, click for more info.
Q. Will masks be mandatory on campus?
- To promote a healthy and safe learning, working, and living environment, non-medical face masks must be worn in all public indoor areas UCalgary until the end of Winter term, April. 29.
For more information please visit the COVIDSafe website.
Masks are not necessary to be worn on campus under the following circumstances:
- Working alone in private offices
- Working outdoors and there is a minimum of 2 metres between people
- Meeting indoors and there is a minimum of 2 metres between people
- Working alone in a shared space
- Working in a cubicle with plexiglass, wall, or other approved barrier between people and when not providing services to anyone
- In a classroom where there is a minimum of 2 metres between instructor or among students
Q. What is residence doing to lower the risk to students living on campus?
- Residence Housekeeping is following AB Health procedures by enhancing cleaning and disinfecting schedules for all shared spaces and high touch surfaces.
Q. Does the University of Calgary have self-isolation rooms?
- Yes, Residence does have rooms set aside for self-isolation for those residents living with us that need to self-isolate. More info
Q. Is there a central contact to direct questions about COVID-19 or self-isolation or quarantine in residence?
- Yes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe you have COVID-19, please visit the Alberta Health Services website where you can complete a self assessment and receive further information.
Q. Am I allowed guests in residence?
- Unless otherwise directed by AHS, existing policies regarding guests as outlined in the Residence Services Agreement and Residence Community Standards shall apply. As a reminder, residents must also comply with health and safety directions issued by staff.
Q. Am I able to cancel my booking and transfer my booking to the Spring or Spring/Summer 2022 term or receive a refund of my advance payment?
- We will be following the advance payment refund policy, unless one of the following reasons apply:
- Study visa not approved
- There are travel restrictions from your country
- Your classes are all online
- To cancel your booking and request a refund you must email the Campus Service Centre with reasoning along supporting documentation.
Q. Will I be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine while I am in Calgary?