On November 1, 1958 ground was broken on the site of the new University of Alberta campus in Calgary (UAC).
In 1958 we broke ground on the site of the new campus
City Transit buses took dignitaries, media and guests from convocation ceremonies held earlier that day at the Jubilee Auditorium. Several representatives from the provincial government, the University of Alberta and its representatives in Calgary spoke on this occassion. Fred Colborne, Minister of Public Works, turned the pre-softened sod. Afterward, photos were taken of UAC Director, Andy Doucette pointing to the sign indicating the new site of the university in Calgary.
The video was taken by CineAV, an Edmonton company hired by the University of Alberta, and is used here with permission.