University of Calgary presents a fifth annual production of Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues, joining the global effort to stop violence against women and girls.
Director: Shirley R. Steinberg and Lauryn Record
When: Thursday, March 30, 7:30 p.m.
Where: University Theatre, University of Calgary
Tickets: Advance Ticket ($20 General; $15 Student with ID); At the Door ($25 General; $20 Student with ID)
American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation will be provided at the show.
About The Vagina Monologues
The award-winning play is based on V-Day Founder/playwright Eve Ensler's interviews with more than 200 women. With humor and grace the piece celebrates women's sexuality and strength. Through this play and the liberation of this one word, countless women throughout the world have taken control of their bodies and their lives. For 16 years, The Vagina Monologues has given voice to experiences and feelings not previously exposed in public.
“In the current era, it takes some brain racking to think of anyone else doing anything quite like Ensler.
She’s a countercultural consciousness-raiser, an empowering figure, a truth-teller.” – Chicago Tribune
University of Calgary "The Vagina Monologues" 2017, is proudly presented by the Women’s Resource Centre in collaboration with the Werklund School of Education.
Order The Vagina Monologues Tickets
To purchase tickets by phone, please call University Theatre Ticket Centre (403.210.7576).
- Phone sales are available during office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). All messages are returned within the following business day.
- Tickets are assigned seating.
- Ticket Delivery Methods:
- Will Call – Tickets are available for pick up on the day of the show at the University Theatre Box Office. The Box Office will open at 6:30 p.m. on the day of the show. The credit card holder will be the only person the tickets are released to at the Box Office. The name on the ID and credit card have to match the name used to purchase tickets.
- Print at Home – You can print your tickets at home.
- Student ID will be required at the door for student tickets.
American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation will be provided at the show. To purchase tickets for ASL seating, please call the ticket agent (403.210.7576) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. ASL seating is not available for online purchase.