EDITOR’S NOTE: The community consultation for Energizing Eyes High is now complete. Thank you to everyone in the campus community who took part. Read the UToday article about the wrap-up of the consultation process, or view a slideshow summarizing the results of all 11 online polls.
The final of 18 focus group sessions to energize Eyes High is being held today. Thank you to the more than 625 members of the university community who have shared their ideas on the future of the university during these focus group sessions. A number of special focus groups are also being offered in some faculties and departments until the end of the month — watch for local invitations as the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Work, Faculty of Science, and the Faculty of Medicine are planning to offer special sessions.
There is still time to join the more than 2,600 people who have completed the online survey, many taking the time to provide detailed comments:
- “A world-class university has a strong arts and science core to support the thematic areas,” wrote one survey respondent.
- “I would personally like to see the university put more of a focus on delivering quality education than they have in recent years,” wrote another respondent.
- “The strategy of bringing more faculty and postdocs (especially international) increased the human power for the scientific advancement,” wrote a third respondent.
Last week, 15 students won a free lunch for participating in the online survey and focus groups. Winners can pick up their $10 Mac Hall food vouchers in MLB 325 on Mondays and Fridays until Nov. 18.
More than 2,300 people have participated in the online polls over the past five weeks.
Take a few minutes to watch the Energizing Eyes High video and be inspired by President Elizabeth Cannon speaking about the origins of Eyes High, where we are heading and why it’s important to participate in the consultation process.
Five ways to engage
There is still time to participate. You can choose one or more of the Energizing Eyes High consultation opportunities that work best for you.
- Focus group registration is now closed.
- Complete the online survey
- Visit a roving booth and record a video message
- Take the weekly poll in UToday or on the website.
- Send a comment to email@example.com.
* Special focus groups and surveys are being offered for alumni and external community members. Interested in learning more about these opportunities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who attends a focus group or completes an online survey is eligible to enter a draw for one of 10 iPad Pros. Students are also eligible for weekly draws for $10 Mac Hall food vouchers, with a 50 per cent chance of winning.
What happens next?
Feedback will help focus UCalgary priorities and impact funding decisions going forward. Once the consultation feedback is collected and analyzed, a refined strategic direction will move through our governance bodies — the General Faculties Council and the Board of Governors — before it is launched in spring 2017.
Check out the Energizing Eyes High website to learn more and to engage in the consultation opportunities. Questions and general feedback? Email email@example.com.