Submitted by ariviere on Fri, 10/28/2011 - 10:41am
What is the USRI?
Universal Student Ratings of Instruction (USRI) is the course evaluation survey used at the University of Calgary to collect student feedback on university credit courses.
Why USRI Surveys?
Results provide information that help:
- Students with course selection
- Instructor performance evaluations
- Enhancing teaching methods
The University recognizes that "there should be regular and systematic evaluation" of courses, and that "students are an essential source of insight into effectiveness of educators." (USRI Reports and Recommendations, 1998).
About Course Ratings
Did you know?
- USRI surveys are anonymous
- USRI paper and online surveys are conducted during the last few weeks of classes
- USRI results are available early in the following term
- Students may access USRI results from their Student Centre (via course selection)
- Students are the only ones who have access to all releasable USRI results (instructors and admins only have access to the courses that they teach/departments they manage)