Submitted by ariviere on Fri, 10/28/2011 - 10:41am
Universal Student Ratings of Instruction (USRI) is the course evaluation survey used at the University of Calgary to collect student feedback on university credit courses.
USRI Course Evaluation results provide information that helps:
- Students with course selection
- Instructor performance evaluations
- Enhance teaching methods
The University recognizes that "there should be regular and systematic evaluation" of courses, and that "students are an essential source of insight into effectiveness of educators." (USRI Reports and Recommendations, 1998).
About Course Ratings
How to Access USRI Results:
Students > Instructions
Instructors > Instructions
Administrators > Instructions
Deans/ Department Heads > Instructions
USRI Results are Published:
Fall - Jan. 15th
Winter - May 15th
Spring and Summer - Sept. 15th
How students fill out their online USRI Surveys:
1. Log into your MyUofC portal (Student Centre)
2. Click on the 'Academic' tab
3. Click on 'Courses'
4. Click on 'Evaluate my Courses'
Did you know?
- USRI surveys are anonymous
- USRI paper and online surveys are conducted during the last few weeks of classes
- USRI results are available early in the following term
- Students may access USRI results from their Student Centre (via course selection)
- Students are the only ones who have access to all releasable USRI results (instructors and admins only have access to the courses that they teach/departments they manage)