Government Relations (GR) advances and serves the university community by developing, managing and maintaining relationships and coordinating activities between the provincial and federal governments and the university to further the university's goals and priorities. GR highlights the achievements and needs of the university and enhances the profile of the university with government.
Monthly Federal Communication Report
All communications with the federal government must be reported. The report must be submitted by the tenth of every month for the previous month.
Submit a Federal Communication Report »
The GR office is part of the University Relations team and represents the university in discussions with, and liaises with government officials and elected members at the provincial and federal levels.
GR serves as a resource to senior administration and the university community by:
- encouraging contact between members of the university community and the government
- providing strategic plans and advice for interaction with government
- developing and maintaining a positive working relationship and network of contacts in government and the university
- communicating and interacting with government on university activities, achievements, needs, concerns and proposals
- identifying and staying informed of government opportunities and communicating these to the university community
- ensuring the university community is aware of new policy, development of programs, announcements and legislation of the government that directly affects the university or is of interest to the university developing and maintaining relationship with GR professionals in other post secondary institutions
Senior Associate, Government Relations