University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Travel abroad

Submitted by dandrei on Wed, 09/17/2014 - 2:17pm

University of Calgary International is committed to the safety and security of students, faculty and staff travelling abroad.

If you are a faculty or staff member ready to travel abroad, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Review the risk management & insurance webpage and the university’s international travel policy
  2. Review the international travel checklist
  3. Check the risk ratings of the country you plan to go to and conduct your own risk assessment
  4. Register with risk management & insurance and with the Government of Canada
  5. Read about emergency preparedness and print out your emergency assistance card
  6. Prepare all your travel documents to ensure you will pass all customs, immigration and visa requirements
  7. Obtain health and travel insurance coverage
  8. If you are organizing a Group Study Program contact the Study Abroad Office for more information at

Contact Risk Management for further inquiries at or visit their office in the MacEwan Student Centre (Room 260).

If you are a student interested in studying and travelling abroad please contact the Study Abroad Office at 403.220.5581, email or visit their office in the Mac Ewan Student Centre (Room 275).

If you are a researcher or graduate student involved in faculty/area specific initiatives requiring international travel, contact the appropriate faculty member and then the risk management team.