The Faculty of Science at the University of Calgary comprises more than 4,000 students and 200 faculty members spanning six departments - Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geoscience, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physics and Astronomy. Our faculty, which is led by knowledgeable faculty members – many of whom are world leaders in their respective fields - offers innovative programs, hands-on research opportunities, access to cutting-edge laboratories, linkages to a global network of alumni and a stimulating environment where students can thrive.
The Faculty of Science:
Visit Sustainability ON , for more information regarding the University's commitment to sustainability
- Dr. Frederik A. Jacobs, Manager at Abbott Point-of-Care
- Dr. J. Roger Jacobs, Head of the Biology Department at McMaster University
- James Gosling, JAVA
- Andrew Pearce, Dreamworks
- Anand Argawala, Bump Top / Google
- Adrian Zissos, Barebones
- Robert Earley, Executive Director of the Beijing Energy Network
- Matt Brister, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Chinook Energy Inc.
- Virginia Riggert