University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Places to live

Live, learn and grow alongside your peers, and create strong and lasting friendships. Housing options transition with you as you progress through your university experience. From shared dorm-style rooms in first year, to full apartments in upper years or grad school, to family housing for families, there are options available for all students.
How to Apply

Book a Tour

Housing for non-University of Calgary students

If you are looking for a place to live in Calgary, the University of Calgary has a home for you.
Learn more

First-year students

First-year students under the age of 21 live in single or double occupancy rooms in a first-year dormitory-style residence and are guaranteed residence for the first two years of study.
Learn more

Second-year students

All second-year students, including transfer and international students, experience hybrid living in furnished 2 or 3-bedroom suite-style apartments with a shared kitchenette, bathroom, and a private bedroom. Learn more

Upper year, International & Transfer students

Undergraduate students between the ages of 21 and 26, in third-year or higher, or international and transfer students, have the option of living more independently in furnished studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and four-bedroom units with full kitchens. Learn more

Students with an undergraduate degree

Graduate students, international or domestic students that have already completed an undergraduate degree live in studio to two-bedroom apartments in Crowsnest Hall. Learn more

Live with students who share a common interest

Check out the Academic Community options. Academic Communities are communities in residence where students share a common interest or area of study. You can expect to participate in activities that are targeted to specific learning outcomes.
Learn more

Family housing

Applicants must be affiliated with the University of Calgary or another post-secondary in Calgary as a postdoctoral scholar, researcher, staff, faculty member or student in a degree program. Residents must reside with a spouse or common-law partner (with or without children), or as a single parent living with his/her children.
Learn more