- Register or login to the Resident Portal, the online application system.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay the $50 application fee.
- Submit your application and wait to hear from the Residence Services office or the Family Housing office.
- Offer of Residence emails are sent to students who are accepted into Residence. First-year applicants (high school students applying to university for the first time) are guaranteed to receive an Offer of Residence for those that apply by May 1. (emails are sent in May for those who applied prior to May 1)
Second-year applicants who were residents in first year and who apply between Dec. 10 & Feb. 10, are guaranteed to receive an Offer of Residence in Yamnuska Hall.
Third year and up undergraduate applicants who were residents for at least one semester and who apply between Dec. 10 & Feb. 10 will receive an offer of residence. Time slots for room selection will be given based on a lottery.
Transfer, International and Graduate applicants - Offer of Residence are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When your time slot opens, login to the system and choose the building, apartment number, and bedroom you prefer. Not applicable to First-year or Family Housing applicants. For more information, see Room Selection.
- Make the advance payment prior to the payment date stated on the Offer of Residence, then accept your offer. If applying for Family Housing, contact the Family Housing office to complete final steps.
- One month prior to your move-in day, login to the Residence Portal, choose a meal plan and sign the online Residence Agreement. Not applicable to Family Housing applicants.
- Move in and enjoy your new home!
Book a tour
Did you know?
First year students - apply by May 1 for two-year guarantee.
Undergraduate residents with GPA of 3.5 & up - apply by Feb. 10 for guaranteed room.
Family Housing limited space
Currently, there is a wait list for Family Housing applications.
Staying Through in Residence
Current Residents of Cascade, Crowsnest, Olympus and Glacier Halls, that wish to stay in the same room for the Spring/Summer and Fall/Academic terms will need to follow the below steps:
- If resident wishes to stay in their current room for the Spring or Spring/Summer term, they must complete a Spring or Spring/Summer application between December 10 and January 31. The room preference on the application must match the current room type that the resident is living in.
- If resident wishes to stay in their current room for the Fall or Academic term, they must complete the step above as well as a Fall or Academic term application between December 10 and January 31.*
*Excludes The College. Residents living in The College will be selected by The College Committee and be placed. We cannot guarantee that residents will be able to stay through on this floor after the Spring/Summer term.
*Excludes Cascade 1-bedroom & studios, GL-127/227/327, OL-121/221/321