NSERC Industrial Research Chairs
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Industrial Research Chairs (IRC) programs aims to:
- Assist universities in building on existing strengths to achieve the critical mass required for a major research endeavour in science and engineering of interest to industry; and/or
- Assist in the development of research efforts in fields that have not yet been developed in Canadian universities but for which there is an important industrial need.
NSERC offers three types of Industrial Research Chairs:
- Senior Industrial Research Chairs for distinguished senior researchers (five-year appointment, renewable);
- Associate Industrial Research Chairs for early stage researchers demonstrating exceptional promise (five-year appointment, renewable once); and
- Executive Industrial Research Chairs for outstanding R&D professionals (five-year appointment, non-renewable).
An IRC grant provides funding for the salary of the Chairholder, infrastructure, research tools and instruments, and general expenses related to the Chair's program of research.
For information on NSERC Industrial Research Chairs, please contact Tiago Lier.