- Awarded to students graduating from undergraduate programs
- Medals, based entirely on academic standing, are awarded at the conclusion of the winter term
- Students who graduated at the previous fall convocation are considered for convocation medals on the same basis as students who graduate at spring convocation
- Each faculty determines their definition of distinction and guidelines for selection of medal recipients, with consideration to the following criteria: grade point average, course load and the minimum number of UCalgary courses taken
- Recipients for the Governor General's Silver Medals and the Muriel Kovitz Prize are chosen by the University of Calgary Academic Awards Committee
There is one gold medal awarded by each faculty to the student graduating with the highest distinction in the faculty.
There is one silver medallion awarded by each department or equivalent unit to the student graduating with the highest distinction.
The President's Award for Excellence in Student Leadership
Presented to graduating students (undergraduate or graduate) who, during their years at the university, have combined excellent academic achievement with outstanding extracurricular contributions to the university.
For details on all awards for graduating students, see the University Calendar.