In addition to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the home program requirements, the Program requires:
Master of Arts
a) A minimum of one year of full-time study at the University of Calgary.
b) Three full-course equivalents:
• Israel Studies 601 (half course)
• One full-course equivalent in the student's disciplinary focus
• One appropriate methods course in the focus discipline - for example, History 690 or Political Science 691 (half course)
• One full-course equivalent in Israel Studies options, to be chosen from:
- English 607.14
- English 607.17
- History 515
- History 691
- Political Science 596.74
- Political Science 675.01
- Political Science 681
- Religious Studies 601
- Religious Studies 681
- Strategic Studies 651 (topic focused on Israel)
- Strategic Studies 653 (topic focused on Israel)
Course selection will be made in consultation with the Israel Studies Program Director and in relation to the student's field of thesis research.
c) A demonstration of reading knowledge of Hebrew or a second language related to the major field of study before the oral thesis defence. Students may satisfy this requirement by successfully completing a language examination administered by the Israel Studies Program Director, by successfully competing Religious Studies 207 and 209, or by successfully completing equivalent language courses (e.g., in Arabic or Russian) should this be required by a student's area of concentration.