1. Academic performance and professional suitability (see Professional Conduct) will be monitored throughout the program and assessed at the end of each Winter Term.
2. Once admitted to the BSW program, students are allowed a maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) of "D" or "D+" grades within their program.
3. A student who fails or withdraws from a field practicum course (Social Work 410 or 412) will fail or be required to withdraw from the corequisite courses (Social Work 411 and 413). In addition, the student may be required to withdraw from the program. Normally, students may register in practicum courses a maximum of two times.
4. A cumulative grade point average of 2.30 or above is required on all courses taken towards the BSW degree. Normally, a student who has obtained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 but less than 2.30 will be placed on academic probation. Students whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.00 will be required to withdraw.
5. Students who are required to withdraw from the Faculty of Social Work will not normally be readmitted.
6. A maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) of Social Work courses will be allowed for transfer credit.
To be awarded the Bachelor of Social Work degree from the University of Calgary, students must meet all program requirements as described under 4. Program Details. All students must complete a minimum of 30 units (5.0 full-course equivalents) at the University of Calgary to obtain a degree from this institution. In the case of a student repeating a required course, the GPA for graduation purposes (not degrees with distinction) shall include only the higher grade.