The University of Calgary offers scholarships, awards and bursaries to students enrolled in the Faculty of Law JD program.
- Eligibility: Open to students entering or continuing in the Faculty of Law JD program at the University of Calgary.
- Application: Competitive awards: Submit the Faculty of Law Awards application, available February 1 through my.ucalgary.ca.
DEADLINE: May 1
Students who complete the Law Awards application are also considered for Differential Tuition Bursaries, based on financial need. Applicants must complete the financial information section of the awards application. To be eligible for a Differential Tuition Bursary, a student must be paying the differential tuition fee to the Faculty of Law for the academic year in which the bursary is awarded.
Nominated awards: No application required. Recipients are nominated by the faculty.
- Notification: Award recipients are notified by email in July; Differential Tuition Bursaries recipients are notified in August by the Student Awards Office.
- Registration Requirement: Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment in the Faculty of Law through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms.
- Payment: Award funds are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter Terms, and are automatically applied to outstanding tuition and fees. Award values stated as ‘tuition and fees’ do not include differential fees.