A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD WITH HONOURS REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 54 units (9.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 72 units (12.0 full-course equivalents) in the Field of Spanish while fulfilling the following requirements:
Core Language Sequence: 21 units (3.5 full-course equivalents)
*Spanish 205 can be substituted for Spanish 203 and 301.
- 15 units (2.5 full-course equivalents) from the Field of Spanish at the 400 level.
- 12 units (2.0 full-course equivalents) from the Field of Spanish at the 500 level.
Capstone: 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) Spanish 598.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA Honours Spanish can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.4.4 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.
- It is strongly recommended that students choose at least 12 units (2.0 full-course equivalents) in an area of focus from disciplines related to their interests in the Hispanic world (from areas such as Political Science, History, Latin American Studies or Women's Studies).
- Students in the Honours Program are strongly encouraged to study for at least one semester in a Hispanophone environment.
- Students are encouraged to complete Spanish 475 as part of the 54 units (9.0 full-course equivalents) required for the Honours Program.