A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD WITH HONOURS REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 54 units (9.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 72 units (12.0 full-course equivalents) in the Field of Russian while fulfilling the following requirements:
Honours Thesis: Russian 591.
Russian Options: An additional 51 units (8.5 full-course equivalents) from the Field of Russian including 9 units at the 400 level or above.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA Honours in Russian can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.4.4 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.
- Students interested in applying for Honours should discuss their plans with and seek the advice of the Undergraduate Director. Upon admission to Honours in Russian each student will be assigned an undergraduate program advisor who will assist with program planning and course selection.
- An area of focus consisting of at least 12 units (2.0 full-course equivalents) in the area of Social Analysis or Linguistics is strongly recommended (see the School website for details).
- In the final year the student must take Russian 591 (Honours Project). This will require the preparation of an Honours Thesis under close supervision of the School.
- Students intending to take an Honours program in Russian should note that the sequence of Russian 301, 303 and 361 is recommended by the School as providing the best foundation for Honours level work in senior courses.
- A background in one or more related fields such as History, Philosophy, Linguistics, and English is considered an advantage for prospective Honours students.