A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD WITH HONOURS REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 54 units (9.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 72 units (12.0 full-course equivalents) in the Field of German while fulfilling the following requirements:
Honours Thesis: 3 units (0.5 full-course equivalent) German 591.
German Options: An additional 42 units (7.0 full-course equivalents) from the Field of German.
C. DEGREE OPTIONS
The BA Honours German can be taken with Co-operative Education. See section 3.4.4 Co-operative Education Programs for information and requirements.
- Students interested in applying for Honours should discuss their plans with and seek the advice of the Undergraduate Director. Upon admission each student will be assigned an undergraduate program advisor who will assist with program planning and course selection, and the designation of the thesis supervisor.
- It is strongly recommended that students develop a supporting area of focus consisting of at least 12 units (2.0 full-course equivalents) in a closely related Field (such as History 413).
- Students will find it to their advantage to have background in one or more of the following Fields: English, Greek and Roman Studies, History, Linguistics, Philosophy and Romance Languages.
- German 357 and 359 are delivered in English and may be repeated for credit. However, a maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) of German 357 and/or 359 and a maximum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) from German studies in a different discipline, subject to approval by the School, may be credited towards the major field requirements.
- In the final year the student must take German 591 (Honours Project). This will require the preparation of an Honours Thesis under close supervision of the School.