A. FACULTY OF ARTS REQUIREMENTS
Students must adhere to the applicable Faculty of Arts requirements in 3.4 Graduation.
B. MAJOR-FIELD REQUIREMENTS
Students must successfully complete a minimum of 48 units (8.0 full-course equivalents) and a maximum of 60 units (10.0 full-course equivalents) in the Field of Music while fulfilling the following requirements:
Foundation Courses: Music 211, 213, 255, 334, 336, and 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) at the 300 level in Composition, Sonic Arts or Theory.
Music Performance and Musicianship: 9 units (1.5 full-course equivalents) from Music 225, 325, and all courses labelled Music Performance.
Upper-Level Courses: An additional 18 units (3.0 full-course equivalents) from the Field of Music at the 400 or 500 level including:
- A minimum of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) in Music History and Literature, and
- A minimum of 3 units (0.5 full-course equivalent) in Composition, Sonic Arts or Theory.
C. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) from School of Creative and Performing Arts 290 and 399.
- It is recommended that students choose Music 451 or 453 in partial fulfillment of the Upper-Level Courses requirement.
- Students are urged to plan ahead in their selection of these courses to ensure that they meet prerequisites.
- Students with an interest in pursuing a Sonic Arts Concentration should select Music 351 and 355 to meet the Foundation Course requirement of 6 units (1.0 full-course equivalent) at the 300 level in Composition, Sonic Arts or Theory.