The Werklund School of Education offers two undergraduate degree options:
- a five-year concurrent (direct-entry) program and
- a two-year consecutive (after-degree) program for holders of approved degrees.
All students must choose a route - elementary route (kindergarten through grade 6) or secondary route (grades 7 through 12) and a specialization:
- Early Childhood Education – Elementary Only
- English as an Additional Language – Elementary Only
- English Language Arts
- Fine Arts
- Inclusive Education – Elementary Only
- Physical Education
- Second Languages
- Social Studies
The Werklund School of Education, in collaboration with the Faculties of Arts, Kinesiology, and Science, offers a five-year concurrent (direct entry) program. Upon completion students will graduate with two degrees, a Bachelor’s degree in their chosen academic field and a Bachelor of Education.
It is expected that students will study full-time for five consecutive years. Studying on a part-time basis is not possible in the BEd program without the express permission of the Associate Dean.