Admission Scholarships are offered to students admitted to the University of Calgary directly from high school on the basis of their high school grades and who are entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program in the Fall Term. Minimum final admission averages and award values are under review. Please see the Student Awards website (www.ucalgary.ca/studentfinance) for updates.
- Eligibility: Based on the final admission average as calculated by the Admissions Office.
Students entering the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program or the English for Academic Purposes + Degree program are not eligible for these awards, and will be considered prior to entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
Students entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program with transfer credit from either the University of Calgary or another post-secondary institution are not normally eligible for these awards.
Recipients of Chancellor's Club Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards and Leader in Health Sciences Scholarships are not eligible to receive an Admission Scholarship.
- Application: Not required. Students are considered automatically for these scholarships based on their final admission average to the University of Calgary.
- Notification: Recipients are notified in writing after their final admission average is determined by the Admissions Office.
- Registration Requirement: Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms.
- Renewability: Under review.
Spring and summer courses are not used to reduce course load requirements, nor are they used in calculating the GPA required for renewal.