Admission Scholarships are offered to students admitted to the University of Calgary directly from high school on the basis of their high school grades and who are entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
- Eligibility: For students entering in the upcoming Fall Term who have been admitted to an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary with a final admission average of 80% or higher.
Students entering the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program or the English for Academic Purposes + Degree program are not eligible for these awards and will be considered prior to entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program.
Students entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program with transfer credit from either the University of Calgary or another post-secondary institution are not eligible for these awards.
Due to the University of Calgary's policy of equitable award distribution, recipients of Chancellor's Club Scholarships, the Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence Scholarships, Seymour Schulich Community Service/Entrepreneurial Awards are not eligible to receive a President's Admission Scholarship or a University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship.
- Application: Not required. Students are considered automatically for these scholarships based on their early admission average; the scholarship offer is conditional and based on their final admission average to the University of Calgary.
- Notification: Recipients are notified in writing after their final admission average is determined by the Admissions office.
- Registration Requirement(s): Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment through the upcoming Fall and Winter Terms.
- Payment: Award funds are split into two equal payments over Fall and Winter Terms and are automatically applied to outstanding tuition and fees. Excess award funds are processed by the end of October (Fall Term) and by the end of February (Winter Term) and are refunded into the student’s bank account by direct deposit. Award recipients must provide their banking information to the university through the online Student Centre.
- Renewability: The value of the President's Admission Scholarship is renewable at $2,000 or $2,500 in second year at the University of Calgary provided the recipient earns a minimum GPA of 3.70 on at least 24.00 units over the previous Fall and Winter Terms.
- Spring and Summer courses are not used to reduce course load requirements, nor are they used in calculating the GPA required for renewal.