Several senior administrators welcomed hundreds of guests to Mac Hall A and B on Tuesday for the 2013 Staff Recognition event hosted by Human Resources and University Relations in honour of the nearly 100 faculty and staff who are this year marking 15 or 25 years of service to the University of Calgary. The event also celebrated exceptional contributions of this year’s ‘U Make a Difference’ (UMAD) award winners.
“This recognition event is an important and welcome opportunity to show our profound appreciation for our talented students, faculty and staff,” says President Elizabeth Cannon. “Their commitment to excellence, enriched teaching and learning and community are helping to pave the way to our Eyes High goals.”
Nominated by their peers, the UMAD award winners include graduate students, faculty and staff who have demonstrated excellence in several categories, including:
- Demonstrating Core Values of the Eyes High Strategy
- Leadership and Recognition
- Positive Work Environment
- Client Experience
- Student Experience and Learning Environment
Congratulations to the 2013 ‘U Make a Difference’ award recipients:
- Catherine Avramenko, Geography, Faculty of Arts
- Shawna Bava, Student Development and Success, Student and Enrolment Services
- Anna Marie Becker, Student Success Centre, Student and Enrolment Services
- Suzanne Bourdeau, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Arts
- Debra Bruckner, SU Wellness Centre, Student and Enrolment Services
- Lauren Capozzi, Academic Programme, Faculty of Kinesiology
- Karen Cook, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Nursing
- Camille de Lacy, Leadership and Student Engagement, Student and Enrolment Services
- Keith Dobson, Psychology, Faculty of Arts
- Michelle Forgeron, Chemistry, Faculty of Science
- Lesley Gerein, Student Success Centre, Student and Enrolment Services
- Ranjan Kumar, Clinical Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine
- Susann Laverty, SU Wellness Centre, Student and Enrolment Services
- Wade Lees, Residence Life Program, VP (Finance and Services)
- Shirley Marsh, Undergraduate Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine
- Andreea Mihai, Residence Complex, VP Finance and Services
- Rhonda Pylychaty, Total Rewards, Human Resources
- Muthulakshmi Sangaranarayanan, Residence Complex, VP (Finance and Services)
- Tannin Schmidt, Academic Programme, Faculty of Kinesiology
- Bhagat Singh, Clinical Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine
- Kin Wong, Downtown Campus, VP (Finance and Services)
- Leanne Wu, Computer Science, Faculty of Science
View the list of silver and gold pin recipients.
Follow UToday on Twitter.
Check the UToday website for news about events, people and trends at University of Calgary.
Follow what’s happening on campus using our interactive calendar.