March 5, 2010
President’s Award nominations deadline Mar. 19Time is running out to nominate candidates for the 3rd annual President’s Award for Excellence in Student Leadership. Presented during convocation, the President's Award is offered to five graduating students (undergraduate or graduate) that represent the best in excellent academic achievement combined with outstanding extracurricular contributions to the university at large.
Nominations must be made by Friday, Mar. 19. Faculty and staff members are encouraged to nominate undergraduate and graduate students who may be eligible for the award.
"This award reflects the university's acknowledgement of our multi-talented students who have demonstrated that they not only excel in academics, but have also made significant contributions to the university community, and their home communities at large," says Ann Tierney, vice-provost (students).
The Selection Committee welcomes nominations of students who have:
• Demonstrated leadership on university of faculty-based committees, groups or organizations.
• Contributed to the development and enhancement of co-curricular activities at the university.
• Worked to improve the quality of the student experience at the university.
• Demonstrated a commitment to the local, provincial, national and/or international community through volunteer work.
• Contributed to a sense of community and pride at the University of Calgary.
Nominations must have the consent of the students whose name is put forward for the award, and must be accompanied by at least two letters of reference from faculty, staff or fellow U of C students.
Up to five awards will be presented at the 2010 convocation ceremonies.
Questions and completed nomination forms can be directed to Carol Walsh in A100, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete description of the President’s Award for Excellence in Student Leadership and nomination procedures are available at www.ucalgary.ca/provost.