Applications for the next visiting elective academic year (April 13, 2015 – February 14, 2016) will open on January 19, 2015.
The University of Calgary is in the process of transitioning to the AFMC Student Portal. The University of Calgary launch date for the portal is tentatively set for 9:00am MST January 19, 2015. For more information about applying for Elective opportunities, Policies as well as student requirements, please click on the AFMC link which will direct you to the University of Calgary profile.
- No elective applications will be processed via the portal until after February 2, 2015 once all the mandatory clerk assignments have been provided to all the Calgary departments.
- Electives MUST be applied for no later than 11 weeks prior to the start date for any specific elective. i.e. electives starting on April 12, 2015 must be applied for prior to January 26, 2015.
- All required documents must be submitted by the clerk at the time of application for elective via the portal. Thus please download and complete the University of Calgary Immunization form prior to applying for electives in Calgary.
- Students are NOT permitted to contact preceptors/departments without prior approval from the Visiting Elective Coordinator. NO electives set up directly with preceptors/departments will be approved. All elective requests must be made via the AFMC Student Elective Portal.
- All communication must be via email, any phone calls inquiries will be redirected to email.
You can reach the Visiting Electives Program Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.