Welcome to the website of the Access and Privacy Office.
The mandate of this office is to:
- develop, coordinate and implement effective policies, guidelines and procedures to manage the University of Calgary's compliance with access and privacy legislation;
- provide advice and information to administrators and the campus community on matters relating to access and privacy;
- process requests for access to information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act;
- investigate complaints relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information; and
- design and deliver programs of instruction relating to the FOIP Act and the Health Information Act (HIA).