Drupal Web Content Management (WCM) is an open source web content management system that allows users to easily publish, manage and organize a large variety of content on a website. This web content management system will also help facilitate the collaborative creation of websites.
Drupal will eliminate (or at least minimize) the need for software such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver. It is user-friendly and allows administrators to manage and organize the release of new content.
Benefits of Drupal:
- Web-based: No software installation or purchasing is needed to be able to edit web pages.
- Collaborative: Different people can edit different sections of the website at the same time.
- Style & Content are separated: Content experts are able to make changes to areas of the website, without having to learn the style rules or web editing skills required in most web authoring software.
Benefits of using Drupal:
- Users with minimal prior experience with creating web pages can easily navigate and use the functionality of WCM.
- Software is not required to make changes to websites.
- Easy navigation.
- Content is kept current. Consistent look for web pages for faculty/department presence on campus
Do I need a program like Dreamweaver or FrontPage to create my site?
No. The Drupal Web Content Management system only requires an internet browser. You can make updates on any computer with internet access.