Update June 26, 4:00 p.m. - the upgrade is now complete and all affected systems are available once again. Thank you for your patience.
Please be advised the university will be conducting a scheduled upgrade on PeopleSoft systems the weekend of June 24-26, 2016.
How will this affect me?
As a result of the upgrades, the following IT services will be unavailable from 5 p.m. on Friday, June 24 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 26:
- myucalgary.ca portal
- PeopleSoft Student (CS)
- PeopleSoft HR (HCM)
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning
- PeopleSoft Finance (FSCM)
- Student Centre
- Faculty Centre
- Degree Navigator for Students
- Degree Navigator for Staff
The services listed below will remain available throughout the upgrade. You can access them by going to myucalgary.ca where you will find an outage page with links.
- Webmail (mail.ucalgary.ca or office365.ucalgary.ca)
- eFin and Business Intelligence & Analytics Services - data for these two services will be refreshed on Thursday, June 23 at midnight, after which they will remain static until the upgrade is complete. The first refresh after the service is complete will be Monday, June 27.
What you will see
Once the upgrade is complete, all users will see a different look that reflects the university’s branding. Faculty and staff will experience new functionality that make the system more intuitive and easier to use.
Significant changes include:
- An additional security feature has been added. Now an email will be sent to employees when their banking information is changed.
- Employees will notice a slightly different look on timesheets.
Training materials can be found by going to the Training and Development website and clicking on the ‘PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade’ link under the ‘Announcements’ section.
Students will see a new look, but will not experience any functionality changes.
Your patience is appreciated as IT works to upgrade the system. If you have questions or concerns, contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 403-220-5555.