Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 09/04/2012 - 9:19am
Accounts Receivable advises staff and customers on policies, procedures, and guidelines required for billing and cash collection. It manages and maintains, as well as supports and trains in three areas: external billings, cash controls and collections.
No individual, company, group or association should use the University of Calgary's stationery or address, or represent themselves in any way as the university to solicit funds unless the funds are for the university and will be deposited into the university's bank accounts.
AR's main purpose is five-fold:
- To establish institutional procedures for external billings that support timely and prudent billing practices.
- To ensure external billing transactions are recorded correctly in the university's General Ledger.
- To support effective and expedient collection practices.
- To play a key role in Cash Control Auditing for the university.
- To provide 1 on 1 training for the AR and Billing Modules in Business Administration Systems.
The AR team is responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing, maintaining, and executing institutional procedures for Billing and Accounts Receivable business processes.
- Taking a custodial role for the Business Administration Systems Billing and Accounts Receivable modules. Providing expertise and resources for Business Administration Systems development, upgrades, and increased functionality.
- Provide training for Business Administration Systems processing, reporting/inquiry, and the related business processes.
- Monitor transactions in the Billing Module to ensure they comply with university policies and procedures.
Contact Accounts Receivable
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 4:30pm
(Closed on all Statutory Holidays)
MacKimmie Tower - 4th Floor