Welcome to the Digitization Unit, a production unit within Libraries and Cultural Resources that facilitates the creation of new digital collections.
Part of the Centre for Scholarly Communication, we work closely with subject experts to create:
- Unique digital collections that showcase University of Calgary library, museum, and archival primary holdings in many formats
- Collections of interest to Albertans and Canadians
- Educational resources that support use of these collections across the curriculum
In support of research and scholarship, our Institutional Repository provides the means to share our scholarly output openly with the world:
- Archiving documents and associated files, accessing them through major search engines, and tracking usage
- Complying with granting agency mandates and university policies
- Managing and preserving documents through the lifecycle of digital curation
Please enjoy browsing our collections and send us your feedback and ideas for new projects!