Application Deadline - January 31 for admission the following September. (This includes all supporting documentation for your application.)
- Obtain a letter from a CHS Faculty member to indicate an interest in supervising your studies in CHS. (This support letter should be emailed directly to the Graduate Program Administrator by the faculty member. It must NOT be uploaded by the applicant into his/her application.)
- Complete the online application. Please ensure you have read the following information before completing your application:
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 CND ($130.00 CND for international students).
- Program Information: Choose "Medicine – Community Health Sciences"
- Select the degree for which you are applying (Master's, Doctor of Philosophy, or Master of Disab & Comm Studies)
- You will be asked to provide two academic references. These must be uploaded by your referee as indicated in the application. Please contact your referees early, as receipt of these reference forms and letters also needs to meet the application deadline. NOTE: Your referees will not receive a notification of instructions until after you submit your application. They will receive an email with codes and instructions for uploading their reference letters and forms to your application.
- Send or order official* transcripts (and degree certificates if the transcript does not mention the granting of the degree) from ALL post secondary institutions attended, regardless of the number of courses taken or the amount of time spent there.
- *Official documents = copies received in unopened, original envelopes sealed by the issuing institution.
- For non-English transcripts, a certified English translation must also be provided.
- Upload the following documents into your application through your Student Center (this cannot be done until the application has been submitted):
- Unofficial transcripts
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Review Criteria and Suggestions document provides tips for strengthening your application
Address to send official transcripts:
Graduate Program Administrator, CHS
Graduate Science Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary
G329 Health Sciences Center
3330 Hospital Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 4N1
Updated: May 18, 2012