University of Calgary
UofC Navigation


Submitted by terrilynn.cull on Mon, 05/11/2015 - 9:12am

The Animal Health Unit

Welcome to the Animal Health Unit, if you do not have access to this website please fill out this form. Once the form is filled out it will be reviewed by the Animal Health Unit and you will receive a notification once access has been granted.

You must fill out the form to gain complete access.  

Otherwise you won't be able to properly see most of this site.

Find out whats happening within the Animal Health Unit.
Access the latest serology results for different areas in the Animal Resource Centers.
Learn about or register for the Institutional Animal User Training Program.
Find out more regarding the process of applying for a Health Canada Controlled Substance Exemption License.
Listing of protocol submission dates and deadlines.
Explore Standard Operating Procedures for the ARC's.

New "Drop-In Sessions" Information

Environmental Health and Safety, Animal Care and Research Ethics have come together and are offering  "Drop-In Sessions".  No appointment is necessary, just come to the allocated room on the drop-in days and ask any questions you might have or receive one-on-one assistance with systems and processes pertaining to any of the three sectors.  

Drop-In Session Schedule

Date Location Time
February 26th HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm
May 9th HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm
June 27th HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm
**Tentative Dates
**September 9th HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm
**October 7th HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm
**November 21st HS library- 1460B 10:00am- 12:00pm

IRISS Specific Training Sessions

There will now be IRISS training classes available to anyone who needs some extra help using the system.  There is no need to register in advance, just show up at the allotted time to the indicated room and let the learning experience begin.

Date Course Location Time
February 26th ACC Expired Workflow Health Sciences Library, Room 1460B 9:00 - 9:45am

Office of Diversity, Equity, and Protected Disclosure

Students: If at any time you are asked to do something outside of your animal use protocol, or need protected disclosure for any reason, please refer to the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Protected Disclosure.  For the specific policy regarding investigating a breach of research integrity, please refer here.